TME Mentors are current UConn students from all University majors. They use their own experiences to give other students a taste of what it's like to be in their program of study. A TME Mentor's main responsibility involves fielding questions through the TME website from other students who are interested in their major. Click here to see how this works.
TME Mentors ARE NOT paid. This is a volunteer position.
Students who are selected as TME Mentors are required to participate in New TME Mentor Training. Training topics include:
- The TME philosophy
- The TME website
- Setting up a TME Mentor profile
- How to respond to questions through TME Connect
- What questions they should and should not answer
- How to refer
- How to talk about career opportunities
- How to talk about transferable skills gained through their major
- How to reach out to your major's department hear and introduce yourself
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TME MENTOR
- Leadership opportunity
- Great addition to resume
- Promote major program
- Help other students make important career/major decisions
TME MENTOR RESPONBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Check UConn email at least once per day
- Respond to any questions within 2-3 business days. This includes summer and winter breaks.
- Mentors can volunteer to be a part of events such as University Open House, First Year Experience courses, various workshops, etc.
- Mentors are encouraged to share ideas that contribute to the overall success of TME
THE NOMINATION PROCESS
Please use the form below to nominate ONE STUDENT whom you feel would be successful in the role as a TME Mentor for their major. It should only take 5-10 minutes to complete.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING A NOMINATION FOR MENTORS FOR FALL 2021 IS FEBRUARY 12, 2021
If no nomination is submitted for your department, a Mentor will be selected by the TME Program.
- If you are nominating a student on behalf of an academic department or school/college, that student will most likely be offered the position (unless otherwise determined by TME due to extreme circumstances). The nominated student will, however, still be required to apply, interview, and attend training.
- Please only nominate students who have completed some coursework in the program and can speak more about it, and have AT LEAST two full semesters remaining at the University.
- After you submit the form below, the identified student will be informed of the nomination and then be asked to apply. The student will be able to see what you wrote in the nomination form.
Please contact the TME Team at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.