It's often easier to first identify the majors you DON'T want to do. This simple activity gives you the opportunity to eliminate majors in which you have no interest.
- Download and print the list of UConn majors (below).
- Cross off every major in which you know you have no interest. If you don't know what something is, leave it.
Once you've eliminated the programs you're not considering, you're left with your list of potential majors.
Where to go from here:
- Research your potential majors by visiting our Major Profiles page. Each profile includes best intro courses, career opportunities, related majors, TME Student Mentors, and more. By viewing these profiles, you're able to get a glimpse into each major without needing to spend hours researching. As you do this, you should be able to eliminate more majors from your list.
- Once you've narrowed down your list of potentials even further, you should reach out to current students within the remaining majors by visiting our TME Mentors page. This will allow you to gain insight into what it's like to be a student in these majors.
- Feel free to reach out to faculty and staff within your potential majors by visiting our Major Contacts page.
- Schedule a meeting with a TME Major Coach or TME Career Counselor